TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
englishgibson - 2010-06-20
In response to Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo (happy hooker!)

I quite agree with Happy Hooker that Nick's given some fine clues. As it seems, according to Nick now, he's worked only for a few months at this stinky place. He's just had to disclose his apparent experience from December 2009 when the Odor Omeida Contracts, according to Nick, changed (from worse or worst to better). Coincidentally, last December was the month when I dealt with the stinky employer and Nick could see it from my previous posts on. What I find interesting is that Nick's just mentioned BC that runs the IELTS exams on mainland, Guangxi inclusive. In Guangxi, coincidentally, I've known, and worked (part-time) with a chap from England, a really nice guy, just like Nick appears on the forums. He's worked for a company with a few private language training centers in Guangxi that's also sent students for abroad studies and that's also had an agency for abroad immigration and/or studies. One of these centers was in Nanning, one in Beihai and one in Guilin. The company was doing pretty badly in the area of keeping its foreign teachers and this friendly Brit, that also worked for BC as an IELTS examiner, was into recruiting. I saw him recruiting a few fts into BC's IELTS and he once even tried the same recruiting trick with me. Out of Nanning, he frequently traveled and Guilin was quite often his destination. Hard to say whether the fts recruiting was a separate income of this fine chap that i've worked with in Nanning (company's headquarters), but it's pretty safe to tell all on here that he pocketed a separate income for IELTS exams aside his regular work, language training courses, in the center. He served the company as a "middle man" in between fts and the local management. Never mind his role, but yet another coincidence is that this friendly Englishman is in the same age as Nick is. I don't dare to claim our Nick is the same person that I have worked with before, but it seems these two might know each other well. Yes, Nick claims he'd like to grow professionally in BC and that, I believe he has said, is the reason he has left Omeida. Or, am I wrong? Ohh, Nick has just left due to his family issues in England. Coincidentally, the BC fella I've worked with part-time in Nanning, traveled back home to England every June too. Then, he came back for Summer courses ..and a few more fts appeared in the teachers office on the beginning of July.

The fact is that there are many bad stories but few good stories about schools/centers on mainland. Internet's abused and will be abused. It's all up to us to use our sixth sense that Nick thinks I have not used appropriately in the case of so obvious Odar from Omeida. Having heard him on the phone, having corresponded with him via email and having read his poor response on this site, I can only conclude that this company is to be avoided. Moreover, I'd suggest to all job seekers to be especially careful about so called foreign teachers on mainland that claim to have worked for schools/centers and that claim to have known them so well. Some do "business" with the local schools/centers and you may never find out what kinda "business' that is, although one day you may find yourself trapped in a place and that may prove costly to you. This company surely sounds great for advanturers.

Cheers and beers to our sixth sense

Messages In This Thread
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- happy hooker! -- 2010-06-20
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-20
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-21
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-01
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-01
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-03
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-05
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-06
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ivan Milatsky Il Terriblo the 3rd -- 2010-09-02
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-02
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-21
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- LOL -- 2010-06-21
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -