TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › School trying to move us out of our appartment
David - 2010-06-21

Hi All,

Just in need of some advice from anybody. I came to China, with my wife, at the end of february to teach oral English in a college 25 minutes outside of Zhengzhou, Henan. Everything has been going great I'm enjoying the job, the students are great, and my employers like what I'm doing. We have a two bedroom appartment on the outskirts of the city.
Now they have dropped a bombshell on us telling we are going to have to live on campus at the college, in a dormitory. The living accomodations at the college are inferior to what we have now, no kitchen, only one room, no western toilet and in the middle of nowhere.
My contract states that they will provide necessary accomodation. Before I travelled here I made sure that the appartment would be big enough for two people and also big enough if family and friends want to visit.
Will I be opening a big can of worms if I really dig my heals in over this?

Has anyone experienced this before?

Any help or comments would be helpful

Cheers

David

Messages In This Thread
School trying to move us out of our appartment -- David -- 2010-06-21
Re: School trying to move us out of our appartment -- Dave -- 2010-06-24
Re School trying to move us out of our appartment -- Jimmy -- 2010-06-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › School trying to move us out of our appartment

Go to another board -