TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: If they prefer whites, so what?
woolaozhi - 2010-07-04
In response to Re: If they prefer whites, so what? (joshwhiltz)

joshwhiltz:
Dear Lord. There is truth in advertising. [V]oice of not reason? Looks is important? And you teach English? Now thems proper English usage, phffft. I can see youre the product of best education money can buy. What the customer wants to buy is quality education, the content inside the packaging. If you want to buy just the box or cellophane wrap, thats your business. Most of us want the stuff inside. In one fell swoop you have insulted educators everywhere who actually care about teaching. Some of us actually think teaching is a noble profession and care about being a teacher, not just dummies for window dressing. READ BETWEEN THE LINES if you can
I would be embarrassed if you are one of my students. Alas, my first teachable is Business not Geography but youre welcome to my ESL class in either the U.S. or Canada any day. You would fit right in. Incidentally, more people(s) speak English outside of northern Europe. A few countries that have their official language come to mind where their populations come in many stripes of colors include: North America, India, most African countries, Singapore, Philippines... Thats precisely my point. Out of the many countries in northern Europe, only one countrys English (UK English) is desired by the Chinese. The others are US, Cdn, and Aussie/Kiwi English. Yes, Germans, Italians and American Southerner speak English too, may even be better, but they wouldnt be hired if these go by what the Chinese advertised. I am not saying my English is better. I am just arguing the same point of Yingwen Laoshi about accents. Its the same reason they tend not to get broadcasting jobs in North America or if youre in the UK, if you dont speak the Kings English or received pronunciation or BBC English or whatever. Be a good boy, please go back to the kids table and let adults converse without interruption.

Messages In This Thread
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- joshwhiltz -- 2010-07-01
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- woolaozhi -- 2010-07-04
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- joshwhiltz -- 2010-07-04
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- woolaozhi -- 2010-07-05
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- Yingwen Laoshi -- 2010-07-03
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- smartcat -- 2010-07-02
Re: If they prefer whites, so what? -- joshwhiltz -- 2010-07-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: If they prefer whites, so what?

Go to another board -