TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Oral English Experts?
englishgibson - 2010-07-08

So, Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts is the right term. Or, is it Foreign Cultural Experts and Foreign Educational Experts? In the case of the Educational Experts, I see they'll have to adjust not only to the new environment and culture but also to a rather different approach to the education. How will these experts be able to cope with some different expectations and even roles? Then, how much can a teaching certification for the language really help when the local experts "CODE" their students prior to the Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts arrival? Isn't it easier to teach than "unteach"? Isn't it better to teach the usage of a word/words rather than reciting them without knowing the words' real meaning? Isn't it more practical and effective to begin in L1 than in L2? How do we compare the English language users that've learnt in L1 and L2 levels? I often have troubles communicating with the ones that've learnt English in L2. They misuse words, misunderstand and I don't want to get into their grammar or pronunciation issues. Why would a country that has had an opportunity to employ so many foreign teachers right into their own educational system refused that option? I now believe it's all for the locals that need jobs and I dare to say it's to keep an order and uniformity in. Isn't it true that we aren't as obedient and we tend to open our students minds?
Cheers and beers to the Foreign Cultural and Educational Experts :)

Messages In This Thread
Re: Oral English Experts? -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Oral English Experts?

Go to another board -