TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Jiangsu University of Science and Technology
abbiesrfc - 2010-07-17

Does anyone have any knowledge or information on the Jiangsu University of Science and Technology. This is a university that is outside of Shanghai aprx. 2 hours drive. I have been directed to them for a teaching position this up coming school term. They are asking me to come on a tourist visa and after arriving they will change it to a work permit/Z visa/and resedence permit. I know that in the old days this was possible but it is not supposed to happen now. There high lighted part below is the reply they gave me when I asked them if this was still legal converting a tourist visa to a Z visa and redency permit.

"No problems for the University to do that, because the Jiangsu University of Science and Technology is a national key public university specially authorized by the government to employ foreign teachers and they have the previlige to process your work visa and they have experience in doing so.

Also in the university's contract, there is following clause in "Party A's obligations":

If Party B comes to the school with tourist visa ( L visa), Party A shall be responsible for converting Party Bs tourist visa into work visa,covering relevant cost."

Any information on either the university, your experiences there if you have worked there or if you know of anyone who has worked there and if you can send me a link to the offical Chinese gouvernment policy on visas etc would be great and thanks for your reply.

Messages In This Thread
Jiangsu University of Science and Technology -- abbiesrfc -- 2010-07-17
Re: Jiangsu University of Science and Technology -- Justin -- 2010-07-26
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Jiangsu University of Science and Technology

Go to another board -