TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China
cunning inguist - 2010-07-18
In response to New Visa restrictions in China (Bill)

This topic has been mentioned here before, so it is not "new", and it got a range of opinion. You ask for "realiable news" which is not easy, due we are told to various interpretations of the employment rules in some provinces. If a friend had told me this information I would want to know the source, and if it could be verified. My first question would be "Where did he/she find out?" If it was a friend of a friend, or the practice of one employer then I woud be sceptical - as it is a generalisation from the specific.

There is another "rule", about official age limits. Some recruiters/employers stipulate an age range, and you can see that clearly in some of the recruitment ads here. So then we get another interpretation saying you can't get a job over a certain age, soley based on what one employer /recruiter was stating. Someone once said that if we hear things three or four times, we are more likely to believe it, regardless of accuracy.

I have worked in the past with one teacher over 60 and who has been in China for 8 years now, without having to return home. I am suspicious of these 'visa rules' because it's possible they are made-up by the employer to get rid of somebody. But I'm hoping someone reading this can provide the link to the official information. And by link, I don't mean to another discussion forum.

The only thing I could find when I looked, was that long-term foreign experts need to be well-qualified. And that had nothing to do with visas!

Messages In This Thread
New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-17
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Diana -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-20
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Diana -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-21
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-21
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- cunning inguist -- 2010-07-18
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-18
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Barry -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Barry -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-23
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China

Go to another board -