TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China
Bill - 2010-07-21
In response to Re: New Visa restrictions in China (englishgibson)

Just an update: My visa was recently renewed, and much to my surprise, I was given a one year renewal instead of what had become the standard six months; so nice. This one year renewal, at its conclusion, will put me at five years, 5 months in country, so we shall see how things go during the next renewal process.

I of course understand your comments and agree; knowing too much and too much western influence are not at the top of the qualification list for aspiring foreign teachers. However, over the past five years I have learned alot about the Chinese concept of "duty", something ingrained in the child's mind here as soon as they are old enough to understand and follow orders. Although I can never wholeheartedly adapt to this concept, I understand it is at the core of the thought process of most Chinese citizens and guides them in their daily life and decision making. The concept of duty in China often replaces common sense and logicical reasoning. It permeates the society as a whole. However western influence has caused and will continue to cause erosion in this concept, as more and more citizens begin their quest for individual rights and freedom

Messages In This Thread
New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-17
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Diana -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-20
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Diana -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-21
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-21
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- cunning inguist -- 2010-07-18
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-19
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-18
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Barry -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Barry -- 2010-07-22
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- Bill -- 2010-07-23
Re: New Visa restrictions in China -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: New Visa restrictions in China

Go to another board -