TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Returning Back Home
Migrant Worker - 2010-07-25
In response to Returning Back Home (englishgibson)

Hello,

I can only empathize with your situation. Because of this, I can't really offer any clearly sound advice. My suggestion is to take steps into possibly enhancing your and your wife's credentials or have her do something else that is "outside the box."

You want an example?

If her English is quite good,you could have her scope out work on www.odesk.com. This is international computer type of work that can be done entirely from home. Want some more advice on the house? Rent it out, and have the mortgage pay off itself. If you can't find renters, then perhaps just live in it until your situation changes and then try again.

I totally agree with you about the travel documents. It is a HORRIBLE method of dealing with important documentation. There are 1.4 billion people in China. They have mail, they have the internet and high tech communications systems. Why on Earth do they require the act of returning to their home city in order to simply retreive an I.D. card or passport? Someone told me it had to do with population control. I honestly think it does not but annoy and frustrate the poor Chinese and make them spend much more on transportation than needed. The air and train lines must love it.

Anyway, keep your head up. I have been in some bad spots myself but you will always make it through if you have a thick skin. If I were, I would choose to raise a child in Canada as well.

Regards,

MW

Messages In This Thread
Returning Back Home -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-23
Re: Returning Back Home -- Chengdu CT -- 2010-07-26
Re: Returning Back Home -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-28
Re: Returning Back Home -- Chengdu CT -- 2010-07-29
Re: Returning Back Home -- Migrant Worker -- 2010-07-25
Re: Returning Back Home -- Justin -- 2010-07-24
Re: Returning Back Home -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Returning Back Home

Go to another board -