TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification
Justin - 2010-07-29

Yes, I've probably asked before. In this case, it was meant mostly as a frustrated rant. It was because I applied to a 20000-30000 a month job teaching advanced calculus, physics, etc. I could teach it in my sleep, really. They were very strict on the "be certified" requirement, however. I want to be angry but I can't blame them and at that kind of pay they can get what they want.

I've already found another job; public university (not the Beihang one), low pay, teaching English, in Beihai. They don't give a crap about certification which leads me to my first serious question: do you think, even if it's just an online course, that it would help me to be better prepared to teach? Forget the job requirements stuff; from a practical stand-point do they actually teach anything useful? I want to be a good teacher and suddenly I worry that I may not be a good teacher since I've never taught anything except guitar for a year (in 2000). The school seems very pleased with my qualifications but I don't want to let my students down by being a poor teacher. If the online courses can teach information that's actually useful, then they would be worth it. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Certification -- Justin -- 2010-07-29
Re: Certification -- Migrant Worker -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- Justin P. -- 2010-08-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification

Go to another board -