TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A great and honest ESL school to work for...
Shannon - 2010-07-29

Hey everyone! I trust your input tremendously, and thank god for this website and it's forum.
I was an English teacher for 3 years in S. Korea, the first 2 were honest, clean, paid well and ON TIME. the third one was a nightmare out of Midnight Express. The boss (who was really a pastor) was the kind Asian employer that still believes a worker is actually "property" and women merely are "lucky" to be generating income.
I was in the middle of no where, well 5 minutes from North Korea, when they told me I'd be 20 minutes from Seoul. They had their hands in and out of my bank account and the school actually turned out to be a childrens day care with in a church. (You don't know scary til you've seen a Christian Korean explode in tounges!) I had to walk 2 miles to and from work everyday and the schedules would change often without my knowledge. Who knows when vacations were, there was no predictability. I'm a tough chick, but after 4 months, and on Christmas Day mind you, I had to AWOL.

Can any of you just tell me of a good school I should apply for from first hand experience? A name and location of a good esl school you'd recommend? I'm not picky (just not Korea or China, please)... I'd like to work somewhere in Europe this time, but I really don't care, just as long as the boss' are honest, the location and housing is desirable, the pay is on time and decent, and there's at least 2 other foreigners to work along side (i've learned the heard way that having some kind of alliance is important)
There's so many more wacko's out there scamming and nutting it up now a days --- I get offers, but have to try and weed through who's lying and who's straight.

Here's my email address flitey333@yahoo.com and just TELL me of a good school I should apply for on this globe coming from YOU, an experienced ESL teacher.

Thanks! You're opinions mean alot to me, and help more than you know.

Messages In This Thread
A great and honest ESL school to work for... -- Shannon -- 2010-07-29
Re: A great and honest ESL school to work for... -- Migrant Worker -- 2010-07-30
Re: A great and honest ESL school to work for... -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-31
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › A great and honest ESL school to work for...

Go to another board -