TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed!
englishgibson - 2010-08-04
In response to Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! (To be or not to be!)

To be or not to be, has got a reasonable post on and he's quite right that a RP has to be cancelled in the passport. However, a local employer may take a legal action which may result in a RP cancellation and it may be done in your absence (if they aren't found). Of course there've got to be reasons for such employer actions and those are hard to know.:)

That brings me back to the reasons for the Safea highly subjective Blacklist. The organization serves mostly the employers, not the employees as I myself have experienced and that not only with one employer. In one city, a couple of my coworkers,that left the job, had their share of issues. One eventually had to leave the city and one chose to stay (and work) on L and F for quite some time due to the employer in case. One filed an official complaint which triggered a visit of the local official, however, little was done. I saw it with my very own eyes. The beautiful manager perfectly fed the official with more "complaints" on the teacher out of which one was that the ft taught out of the academic context material (about sex) which the official digested rather well. Too bad the teacher in case could not have been there to protect himself. Then, in another city, I had a really difficult time contacting this organization and when I did they were greatly unhelpful which I have already mentioned in other posts. But for the sake of this topic, here is the essense of the office in case. After many tries contacting the office via email and phonecalls and after one of my phonecalls got finally through to the office, i was only allowed to tell about my Foreign Experts Termination Letter containing some false information by the phone. The official with his elementary English told me that he would call my employer to his office for talks. Two weeks later and on the day before I was to leave the city, I contacted the official again (luckily got through to his special number) in order to get any feedback and to settle my negative Foreign Experts Termination Letter that contained lies, or shall I say some false information. To my amazement, this official told me that he could not come to any conclusion with my employer (the manager) and that he would have to talk to my students in his office. These are the official's words. I WAS NOT ALLOWED TO COME TO THE OFFICE AND DIFEND MYSELF, WAS I? By the way, the false information in case is that the LETTER contains a wrong reason for leaving the job as the manager signed my one month notice with a very different reason on...never mind my manager's evaluation of my work on the letter that's not true either.

What I am trying to say is that some, if not many, offices of this organization do not serve the foreign teachers at all and their Safea Blacklist is a tool for employers to make us do what they want to do..exploit and abuse. This Blacklist,that I do really not know whether I am on it or not, has got some questionable evaluation techniques that are opened up to dishonest employers' abuse. It seems to be business in between the employers and the bureau only, but forgive me if I am wrong. Ask yourselves why they are so poorly transparent and so unaccessible to us! Ask yourselves why they do not draw conclusions in front of you, or based on your "phonecalls"! They make their "secretive decisions" by themselves, don't they?

Cheers and beers to all fts that work hard to convince this society we are worth it as well as cheers and beers to others that've gotten out of this jungle

Messages In This Thread
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- RedCatXia -- 2010-08-02
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- englishgibson -- 2010-08-02
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- jim jackson -- 2010-08-02
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- Redcat -- 2010-08-04
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- englishgibson -- 2010-08-03
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- redcat -- 2010-08-04
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- coke -- 2010-08-02
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- RedCat -- 2010-08-04
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- englishgibson -- 2010-08-07
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- To be or not to be! -- 2010-08-05
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- To be or not to be! -- 2010-08-03
Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed! -- englishgibson -- 2010-08-04
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Safea Blacklist - a worry indeed!

Go to another board -