TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification
Justin P. - 2010-08-08
In response to Re: Certification (englishgibson)

Sorry, I thought I replied to this a long time ago. You're right, there isn't. At first, they simply said "certification". That was part of the confusion because my original thought was, "That's so ridiculous, those things don't even exist." I responded by asking her for further information; at least in the U.S., teachers are licensed by a state and those licenses do not extend past the state border nor are they valid once the teacher leaves the employ of a school within the state. The lady was very helpful, even though I was no longer a candidate for hire, and explained that they were looking for someone that has been licensed/certified at some point in the past in whatever country they are from to teach. They also wanted years of teaching experience in whatever subject was being taught (math or physics, in my case).

So, if I could have gotten that job in Shenzhen teaching math and physics both and worked there for 2 years, I could be a candidate for the high paying position in Anhui as I was authorized by the Chinese government to teach AND would have had 2 years experience teaching relevant subjects.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Certification -- Justin -- 2010-07-29
Re: Certification -- Migrant Worker -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- englishgibson -- 2010-07-30
Re: Certification -- Justin P. -- 2010-08-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Certification

Go to another board -