TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yuming Education
ESL - 2010-08-08
In response to Re: Yuming Education (HireEd)

Oy! Once I stopped laughing, I decided to take a second gander at this Chinglish mess.

Highlights:

- "individual people who owned personal purpose" Any profit in that? I might try marketing a few of my personal purposes!

- "We have already hold a throughing investigate this event." Performed with the usual level of YuMing integrity no doubt!

and my favorite:
- "legal team and the whole member of Yuming" Eek! Whose 'whole member'? Aren't there statutes-against such lewd, lascivious, and wanton threats?"

One really funny thing I have noticed after reading this very well put together statement from their, ehm, legal team. The fact that they talk about an individual, and also say 'his'.

So they are assuming its one particular person, I have seen these posted a few places now. The thing is, what is it about the posts being put up that lead them to believe it's a particular person in the first place. They have clearly read the details and drawn parallels from one teachers time working for them, which basically says that the comments are true, for if they were lies, how would they be able to determine exactly who it was :)

I never worked for Yuming but did go for an interview there once, can't remember the name of the person I spoke to, she was an oldish woman with short hair. What I do remember however were the unanswered questions and attempts to change the subject when I asked about something they clearly did not want to discuss.

I asked about the holidays as I had seen an ad which stated they pay holiday allowance. She really seemed to have no idea what I was talking about and started talking about teaching camps, when I asked where they were and if I could possibly visit one to get a better idea of the working environment, as this was during the summer holidays, she could not tell me and proceeded to start talking about something else. Everytime I brought the matter back up it was deflected onto something else. The entire thing stank to high heaven of a rouge operation and having been teaching in China for many years already, decided to leg it, screaming. I got a number of calls for a few days afterwards which I didn't answer, and I have heard many many stories from people I have met and worked with around the city that they are not to be trusted at all.

I have also heard that they used to go by another name many years ago and were equally as crap back then, so I can only assume that the change in name was to try and hide from their past. I was also told that they shift offices from time to time too. The one that I went to near Nanjing Lu is apparently a satellite office that they can move very easily if need be. their real office is elsewhere and only specific staff and managers are aware of its location so that teachers cannot go their making any trouble.

Sounds like a very well oiled and particularly well though out criminal operation if you ask me, no doubt paying back handers to certain local government officials, as well as police, to turn a blind eye, as is the case with many things in China, corruption is high and you can do almost anything to anyone with the right amount of cash and contacts.

Messages In This Thread
Yuming Education -- john -- 2007-11-21
Re: Yuming Education -- RG -- 2008-05-07
Re: Yuming Education -- yumingjiaoyu -- 2009-07-21
Re: Yuming Education -- Ex Yuming teacher -- 2010-08-08
Re: Yuming Education -- HireEd -- 2009-07-21
Re: Yuming Education -- ESL -- 2010-08-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Yuming Education

Go to another board -