TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo
Nick Pellatt - 2010-09-01
In response to Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo (englishgibson)

LOL at EG! You are still suspicious and overly concerned with me arent you!

At least I have posted a photo on this forum now so which should debunk your old theory about me being someone you had already met and crossed swords with. Earlier in this thread you suggested I wasnt who I said I was, but was in fact some dodgy recruiter person looking for fresh blood!

As you can see from the link on Daves that you posted here, my story is entirely consistent, and is EXACTLY as I suggested during this thread a month or two ago. Maybe its just me, but I think its perfectly reasonable to answer a query such as, 'Im a newish teacher and I dont know where to go?' with a recommendation about a place I have recently taught at. I even throw in a few reasons why I think its a good idea, and a reason why some people might not like it (low salaries).

You are seeing suspicion and conspiracy where there is none my friend. Im not really sure if you are just trying to goad me or not ... but I have endless time on my hands so I can almost always respond anyway.

Amongst all the horror stories and tales of woe and bitterness, there are actually some people who a) enjoy EFL and b) have had pretty good experiences in their workplaces. Maybe I have been lucky ... or maybe you just arent one of these people who have been so fortunate. At the end of the day, I HAVE had a great time in my relatively short EFL 'career', and Im always happy to share my experience with anyone. As this experience has been overwhelmingly good, my experience will lend itself to recommendations rather than warning people away from places.

Ive always said I have nothing to hide, hence posting under my real name. This means you can find me on Facebook and You Tube if so desired. I say what I think and mean what I say, hence nothing to hide. I would issue an open challenge for you to find someone I have tried 'to recruit' for any job, but this is only the internet so whats the point? If my internet crime is sharing my positive experiences with someone in the hope they can enjoy the same positive experience ... Im guilty as charged Sir!

I believe my posts are always balanced, and I try to offer as much explanation for my responses as possible. This is in the hope that readers can learn something from anything I have to say, if that raises suspicion in some quarters so be it, but I think forums would be a lot more useful if everyone adopted the same kind of attitude.

FYI - I have had around a year of EFL volunteer experience. This includes Kenya, China and working with a charity in the UK. I would be happy to discuss any of these posts if any made a query relating to them.

I have had paid employment in China for 2 years. This obviously includes Yangshuo, and also includes a small town called Wenchang in Hainan Province. If posts about Wenchang pop up I would answer them as well ... but they arent common in fairness! (on a side note, my housemate (from Wenchang) left Hainan to work for Omeida, this was my introduction to Omeida, and so my experience of them isnt just based on my experience, but also on the experience of a very good friend who worked there before I did)

I've also had 4 summer seasons working in the UK. As you know, I am currently in the UK working for a company called Jurgen Matthes Student Organisation, and yep I like that job too! So if you are ever in Eastbourne, East Sussex and you are looking for something to tide you over, I would probably recommend them ... and this doesnt mean Im a recruiter, just a nice guy :-p

Messages In This Thread
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- happy hooker! -- 2010-06-20
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-20
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-21
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-01
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-01
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-03
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-05
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-06
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Ivan Milatsky Il Terriblo the 3rd -- 2010-09-02
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-02
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- englishgibson -- 2010-06-21
Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- LOL -- 2010-06-21
Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-06-20
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Re Omeida Language College in Yangshuo

Go to another board -