TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: School in Changchun, Jilin
Ivan Milat wu ke lan - 2010-09-02
In response to Re: School in Changchun, Jilin (Nick Pellatt)

More so if the employer forbids it as a contractual term. I also think an employer has every right to include it in a contract. If we dont like it, we also have every right to take a different job

NP, I think you are flogging a dead horse. Unfortunately, Silverboy seems to think there is no need for rules in contracts and society. Well, from having lived in Australia and the UK, "Anglo Saxon" societies do have "rules" which must be obeyed. Without rules, how can order be kept, or consideration/respect for others be maintained? Smoking is now banned in pubs and restaurants in the UK, and it is a rule that is enforced. But Silverboy seems to think just because he is in China, he can date students at the place he works, as long as they are not HIS class students or English language students. As NP says, it would be frowned upon in certain jobs in the West, why should it be considered any more acceptable in such a traditional society as China?

Their country, their society, their rules. When in Rome and all that. Or as an aussie guy I used to know said: " If you don't like it, you can just piss off, get a flight ticket home". Never truer words spoken, perhaps?!

Messages In This Thread
Re: School in Changchun, Jilin -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-02
Re: School in Changchun, Jilin -- Ivan Milat wu ke lan -- 2010-09-02
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: School in Changchun, Jilin

Go to another board -