TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Asia: Why IS education such a cut throat business in Asia?
John - 2010-09-04

After reading around, especially on this particular board it seems, my opinion on taking up teaching abroad has changed. I had been thinking about doing this for a few months but after reading some of the stuff posted places like this I might pass.
What is wrong with the education sector when it comes to foreign language teaching? Ruthless businessmen and cut throat companies, backstabbing teachers.... You'd think you were working in the drugs trade reading some of the stories here, not teaching people how to speak a second language. My question is why, why is teaching English abroad so haphazard and full of pitfalls and why do authorities seemingly allow some of these companies to carry on trading when they are clearly exploiting foreign labour and giving their country a bad name worldwide?

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Sat, 14 May 2011, 03:16 AM]

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Asia: Why IS education such a cut throat business in Asia?

Go to another board -