TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why IS education such a cut throat business in Asia?
Nick Pellatt - 2010-09-09

Our experiences would be different because we are different. Very few people have the same expectations. This colours and influences our experiences.

I have read posts from people who state how unhappy they are in-country, but have married local and dont have an easy option out. Some have many routes out, and just love China. I have also read about people who have a real goal to meet a wife. I have met people who are 21 and who want an adventure before they move into their 'real' career' and other who are starting out and want to make EFL a career. I have seen and met many who want to spread GOD, and a few who want to spread language learning.
Because we are different, our goals are different, and naturally our experiences are also different. Thats just common sense.

What I want to say is contrasting opinions on the same employer/town/city are fine....as long as they are supported with sensible arguments and reasoning. That allows the casual poster and forum reader to make fair judgement based on what they see written. Blanket statements with little to support posts dont really serve any purpose. Love me or hate me, disagree or agree...at least my posts on 'the thread that shall not be named' clearly state why I support said employer. Someone popping up in that thread and saying 'they are crap' doesnt tell anyone, anything. Im not pointing fingers at you BTW, please dont think that.

Most people have enough common sense to read between the lines ... EG, give me a break, you are obviously committed to your family (which of course is a good thing), and I am committed to other things (not any better or worse, but different) which means our perspectives are different. A negative or supportive post isnt worth anything without clear, relevant information IMO

Messages In This Thread
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Why IS education such a cut throat business in Asia?

Go to another board -