TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure
Sanguine - 2010-09-20

Not sure it's a matter of hate IM as much as it is a matter of distrust. I myself tend to avoid foreigners whenever I see them on the street, it's just a matter of survival really. Most of the other foreigners I've met in China are not the most, shall we say stable of individuals. Petty, infantile, insecure, and lacking in self confidence or self esteem, is not the kind of person I like, yet often the type of people attracted to coming here. I think part of it's the standards in China one has to meet, which are quite low in regards to teaching when compared to western countries. Teach say in an American school, and you won't run into the kind of petty jealousy, envy or hate you see on boards like this or in the interactions between many foreigners here. Only in China have I consistently run into people like this. I am a people person, no question, but experience has taught me long and hard lessons. I also enjoy the company of most Chinese, and their culture, or I would not have been here for over a decade now. Add that to the huge lack of stability I see in the majority of foreigners here, ( that I've run into anyhow), and I can understand English Gibsons hesitance to respond to total strangers emails, and to avoid them when possible. Nothing to do with hate I don't think, just experience and caution. Just one mans opinion and experience.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-12
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-13
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-15
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-16
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-17
Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-18
Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure -- The Assessor -- 2010-09-18
Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-19
Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure -- IM -- 2010-09-19
Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-20
Re: Education a Cuit Throat Business for Sure -- Oldtimer -- 2010-09-12
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Education a Cut Throat Business for Sure

Go to another board -