TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DELTA or Trinity Diploma
Nick Pellatt - 2010-09-21

Thank you for the responses CL and Turnoi.

I guess I belong the the 'lifelong learning' group of people. I really would like to do a DELTA, but not for any increased job opportunities or salary enhancement. Its something I want to do in order to be a better teacher. I always think if I improve and learn more I achieve something, and if benefits follow that then all well and good. My working plans have recently changed and this has probably delayed further TEFL qualifications in all honesty, but I want to keep reading and learning about peoples experiences as it can keep me motivated and ensure I still think about DELTA/Trinity Dip as a future ambition.

The course you offer sounds interesting Turnoi. English is a second language in Kenya so does this mean your course is more geared towards Kenyan teachers and how to teach subjects in L2? And also, government accreditation. Does that mean the qualification would naturally be recognised elsewhere? I know they have a common European Framework of education in the EU, which I guess means that a qualification recognised by one country will (or should) also be recognised by another? Moot points really, the course sounds interesting but the likelihood of me taking it is almost zero unfortunately. Although I would like another Kenyan trip!

So my DELTA/Diploma plans are probably going to be on hold for a while, but I dont want to forget the plan...and reading about it keeps my focus.

I have signed up for a Chinese language course with the Open University...starts next month and Im looking forward to it.

Messages In This Thread
Re: DELTA or Trinity Diploma -- Nick Pellatt -- 2010-09-21
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: DELTA or Trinity Diploma

Go to another board -