TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Crooks on boards?
Sanguine - 2010-09-23

OK I have to jump in here simply out of fairness, as well as curiosity. Theological dissertation? Turnoi, while I so far enjoy most of your posts and like the stand you take much of the time, I have to ask, what kind of priest are you exactly? A theological dissertation does not a priest make as far as I know, though I could be wrong, and there are many types of churches. However that is academic speak, not religious speak per say. Again there are many different religions out there, however if we are talking about the big to do Catholic church, you have to go to seminary to be able to claim to or call yourself a priest, at least officially. Priests also are working for the church, and do receive a salary, despite what some people might think. If you are not working for the church in some capacity, then you are not actually a priest. Even having a PHD in theology would not make you a priest, not in the least, as there is a lot more to it than that. maybe you could gain entry into some sect of the Catholic church, however as far as I know one must attend seminary. Now it could be you are a member of another religion which you do not wish to name, for reasons I can only speculate about, that's fine. However, unless you have been ordained, and are currently working for the church, you are not a priest. If you belong to some other church outside christianity, well then there would be different rules, and perhaps you could be a priest, different religions have different rules after all. Not trying to nit pick or attack you Turnoi, not at all, I'm just curious as to what actual religion you claim to be a priest of, nothing more.

Messages In This Thread
Re: Crooks on boards? -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-23
Re: Crooks on boards? -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-24
Re: Crooks on boards? -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-24
Re: Crooks on boards? -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-25
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Crooks on boards?

Go to another board -