TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The Untouchables
Sanguine - 2010-09-24

I have to agree with the Silverboy poster, when I read this story I had much the same reaction. I find that people will often get like this when they are given just a little bit of power. Add to that the resentment so many Chinese feel for foreigners, and the attitude that is quite accepting of a racist attitude, and you get this kind of unprofessional behavior. This can happen when you give a peon a little power.

The PSB officers that work in PSB offices have an enormous amount of power, and can often act arbitrarily to turn sown an application simply because they feel like it. They also don't care if you go to their boss, because if they act like that, their boss is likely much the same way. PSB officers working in visa offices have always struck me as the most bigoted of all Chinese, and the least shy about showing it. I suppose having no shyness in regards to showing this makes them perhaps appear more bigoted than others who might be more so, but can not hide behind a uniform, don't care about those people though. Having that badge is what allows them to be so arrogant and rude. Still it's shocking to hear the story you related. If that had happened in a western country you can be sure the officer in question would be suspended post haste. It's stories like this one that tell you how far China really has to go.

Messages In This Thread
Re: The Untouchables -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-24
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: The Untouchables

Go to another board -