TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Thanks for the info, and on treatment of female teachers
Dragonized - 2010-09-27

Thanks for the info Sanguine the article was extremely helpful and enlightening. With regards to salary if you're really looking into saving money and surviving why not just do it in England, the USA, Australia, or New Zealand? You'll want to come here to enjoy life and live out the "vacation" mindset. While you need to take your job seriously you shouldn't settle for just being like back at home.

In my 2 years of teaching in China, I almost always had exclusively male expat teachers for colleagues. The one or two female teachers who were working with me that I saw on a more daily basis were either married or in their forties. Even then I didn't always see many. However what Sanguine has pointed out is certainly disturbing to say the least. I guess since these bosses think they have money and such they can just assume that the foreign woman will fall head over heels for them. They may also see the expat females as "trophy" for them to hunt. Truly a shame. I have heard of female teachers being harrassed when working in Russia and maybe occasionally in other countries they may be at risk if they're alone but as a whole I haven't personally seen how bad it is in China.

This is certainly something which can be elaborated on. Maybe some female teachers out there can share more of their stories as I have only read maybe 1 or 2 on this site.

Messages In This Thread
Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Shinning -- 2010-09-25
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Chengdu FT -- 2010-09-28
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-26
Re: Thanks for the info, and on treatment of female teachers -- Dragonized -- 2010-09-27
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-26
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Oldtimer -- 2010-09-26
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-26
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- Oldtimer -- 2010-09-26
Re: Is it possible to get Paid well in China? -- englishgibson -- 2010-09-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Thanks for the info, and on treatment of female teachers

Go to another board -