TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Kids per class - whats the max?
Sheena Apollonia - 2010-09-28
In response to Re: Kids per class - whats the max? (Sanguine)

Thanks, but thats exactly the problem. As i said, we have a schedule and MUST work with our books. I need to sit with each single kid one at a time and help them write and finish their page in 40 minutes, so thats allows less than 2 minutes teaching per kid per class. there is absolutely NO time for any games, flash cards whatsoever, actually there is not even enough time to welcome them and make them sit on their chairs.
Most of the kids dont even know how to hold a pen and if you just give them one they are only gonna mess up their books with it, because they are too young. Thats why I have to do it one by one. While I am busy with one kid, the others have to sit still on their chairs, since it is a tiny little class room.
In out kindergarten the kids dont play, we dont have a playground or toys. its strictly learning, like in a real school.
I tried to explain it to our manager that the kids are too young and too many in a class with too little time to make a system like that work properly, as they do get bored very very quickly, like you said. Thats the way they want me to "teach" and then they wonder why the kids cant understand or speak English after one year. its frustrating :(

Messages In This Thread
Kids per class - whats the max? -- Sheena -- 2010-09-26
Re: Kids per class - whats the max? -- Sanguine -- 2010-09-26
Re: Kids per class - whats the max? -- Sheena Apollonia -- 2010-09-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Kids per class - whats the max?

Go to another board -