TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yes, Mike, sales IS a fulltime proposition - ESL discussion
The Arrogant One - 2005-04-04
In response to Don't wait - ESL discussion (Mike B.)

>\-| Well, hi there, Mike B.!
Thanks a lot for your reply, Man ... I've enjoyed many of your posts on the ESL Teachers Board, this being no exception to the rule.

OF COURSE I'm out there every day of the week in an attempt to sell myself. This article was merely intended as a possible stimulus for any interested employer who happened to stumble across the site, and not as my professional rsum. As for sitting on my derrire, I must confess that, at my current post-sixty-five stage, I've sort of gotten used to it on weekends, albeit I assure you that I have reserved weekdays for money-making! Nonetheless, whichever methodology a sexagenarian follows in the pursuit of a job these days, he/she is bound to run into preconceived barriers. Whether this be a personal issue on the part of individual employers or a national movement against "oldsters"--I am in no position to say. I only believe that by writing thought-provoking articles on this issue is MY best possible contribution to the cause of fair play in the ESL marketplace. In the interim, thank you for your interest and support.

With love,

The Arrogant One

==================================================

"look forward to hearing from you.."

Don't wait to hear from those employers who want a decent teacher, if they are serious employers then the serious teachers will be after them. Get out and sell yourself, if you want to sit on your butt looking at your email until you get flooded with job offers you you need to be a Canadian Barbie who just emerged from what passes for a university these days.

Serious teachers will find serious jobs, but let's face it, they probably won't come dropping from the heavens, or diving into your hotmail Inbox.

Messages In This Thread
Ahem...Ahem...While we're on the subject of "bias," Mr. ESL Employer... - ESL discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2005-03-29
Don't wait - ESL discussion -- Mike B. -- 2005-04-04
Yes, Mike, sales IS a fulltime proposition - ESL discussion -- The Arrogant One -- 2005-04-04
EFL Techers Union - ESL discussion -- Gary Harwell -- 2005-04-03
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Yes, Mike, sales IS a fulltime proposition - ESL discussion

Go to another board -