TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?
Dragonized - 2010-10-17
In response to Re: Spying on Students? (Justin)

America also went through phases of slavery, capitalist monopoly corruption, gang wars related to the drug/alcohol trade, and the civil rights movement. The only reason change came along in the first place is that people spoke out against the things that were bad. In China you can't speak out, so your idea of putting China as developing along those lines are distorted and not very well thought out. America isn't perfect, that I agree with you. But sometimes we just need to use our common sense and our instincts to see which country is better as in being able to live a better life. Why do you think that so many Chinese want to learn English and possibly get out of the country. When you go to New York City why do you see so many illegals that are still from China?

And oh about the starvation thing yeah many many Chinese people hate Mao for that but they are too afraid to speak up, that doesn't make it right for us to use it as just a "phase" that a country went through. Yes many Chinese people embraces free capitalism. However people have woken up to the fact that this "openess" doesn't contain fair play as most of the biggest name brand Chinese companies such as jianlibao and kelon have tanked. The government gives priority to foreign companies and they are given the best land and support for the best facilities. I don't know if you have ever seen farmers or just workers standing in front of Government buildings trying to speak with ANY officials to hear out their case; I have and I can say it's not a pretty sight.

Justin I know you may not have a malicious agenda, from what I can see you're just seeing Chinese people as a whole nation trying to find themselves and develop their own path. You try to respect how they may see reality, which shows a willingness to not be judgemental. For that I respect you, but you have to realize that with development comes many changes which people will not accept. Understanding is a relative term with our idealogies and our personalities as well as our own experiences in life. Everyone loves having the freedom to carry out their dreams of what they want to do. Unfortunately there are many things which get in our way of doing this.

China is smart, maybe they do things differently and we think what they do could be wrong, some things are wrong. They are changing on their own and honestly, it doesnt seem like they need our help.

I disagree with changing honestly. The only honest acknowledgement about corruption that you will get from admins, lawyers, and people of influence is that it is prevalent and there is nothing that can be done. If you or any people you meet think that after many, many years China will just "straighten" itself out and that it's all just a "process" you're putting a lot of eggs in the baskets of hope and dogmatism which never brought any real changes. If people know China can change in the future why isn't she doing it now? If she won't change the wrong things now why would she change anything in the future?

Messages In This Thread
Re: Spying on Students? -- Riverina -- 2010-10-15
Re: Spying on Students? -- Dave -- 2010-10-16
Re: Spying on Students? -- Dragonized -- 2010-10-16
Re: Spying on Students? -- Sanguine -- 2010-10-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re: Spying on Students?

Go to another board -