TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Everybody no, but ... - ESL discussion
Mike B. - 2005-04-05
In response to response to Mick B - ESL discussion (Worried Joe)

I don't fancy living with a bunch of rats in my apartment or hauled down an alley way and kicked mercilessly or thrown into jail.

I don't think anybody does, but has it REALLY happened to anyone who didn't deserve it?

Re: the rats
Would you sign a 12 month contract on an apartment, even a a "free" one over internet without even checking it out if it were in your home country? I doubt it. So why do it from halfway around the world.

Re: hauled down an alleyway
If you are staggering around drunk with a wallet full of cash you're likly to be mugged anywere in the world, I would guess in Korea you're safer than most places, given the fact white folks aren't assumed to be richer than the locals.

Re: thrown into jail.
Just because the laws may be different to what you think they should be, you still have to obey them.

Hey, Joe,
Don't Worry, Be Happy

Messages In This Thread
Is Korea that bad to work in? - ESL discussion -- Worried Joe -- 2005-04-03
This has to be a joke - ESL discussion -- Chris -- 2005-04-14
Working in Korea - ESL discussion -- Reena -- 2005-04-05
I agree! Do Your Research!! - ESL discussion *Link* -- Eric -- 2005-04-07
Response to Eric - ESL discussion -- RhenoThai -- 2005-04-27
I agree with RT - ESL discussion -- SiamSap -- 2005-04-29
Is Korea that bad to work in? - ESL discussion -- Worried Joe -- 2005-04-07
Is Korea safe? - ESL discussion -- Worried Joe -- 2005-04-05
Great Sage Equal of the Heavens is here to enlighten you - ESL discussion -- Mike B. -- 2005-04-04
e) f).............. -- LT -- 2005-04-04
response to Mick B - ESL discussion -- Worried Joe -- 2005-04-04
Everybody no, but ... - ESL discussion -- Mike B. -- 2005-04-05
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Everybody no, but ... - ESL discussion

Go to another board -