TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Look into what "really" happened. - ESL discussion
SOURKIX - 2005-04-07
In response to (Message Deleted by Poster) (anonymous)

I am not that certain if the "Josie" mentioned in "Beware..." is the same Josie that I know-could be. There can't be too many Josies doing the same thing, right?

Hey, let's face it! Cases may vary. I personally know some teachers that Josie has helped out and are still working in several parts of China and are actually having a good time. However, there are some who were not able to meet the standards of the prospective employers and there were others who simply did not like the conditions that they opted to go back home or took the opportunity of being in China and looked for other teaching jobs-some of them got the aces, but some did not. I know someone who didn't get the luck that others did and Josie even sent her money so she could go back home.

I just think that Josie's name does not need to be dragged like that because she has helped quite a few of our fellow Filipinos to get jobs that they are enjoying right now. Yeah, not everyone she recruited got what they thought they would, but then we could not make her bear the brunt for everything that has happened.

Anyway, these thoughts are based on my firsthand knowledge about Josie's recruiting stuff as I know the people she has recruited so far.

By the way, I am neither one of Josie's recruits nor her friend. I just know her, that's all. I actually don't have the slightest reason to be defending her. It's just that I think it is better for anyone to know more about things and people and situations before coming up with conclusions or warnings (Beware of...), for that matter.

Messages In This Thread
BEWARE: FILIPINO TEACHERS!!!! -- betcha -- 2005-03-17
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- anonymous -- 2005-03-18
Look into what "really" happened. - ESL discussion -- SOURKIX -- 2005-04-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Look into what "really" happened. - ESL discussion

Go to another board -