TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re No future in ESL/TEFL
Visas Schmisas - 2010-11-03
In response to Re No future in ESL/TEFL (Foxy)

Foxy, I'm not against silverboy or his words of advice.

I happen to agree with a lot of what he says about chinese culture, society and dating. Because I find I have been there myself. At 34, I don't claim to have anywhere near the life exp that he does, but I just know what is right for me. He may well own property in Australia, be financially stable, and if so, more power to him.

But what is right for one, isn't right for another is what I am saying. My return home was provoked by a few things, broken heart in China, yes, despondent with the employment situation, another part, but also family problems, my father is aging and his health deteriorating and I didn't fancy getting a phone/skype call from my brother/mother when I am in some shitty second tier city of China without an international airport to return home urgently. Also I have a nephew I want to see grow up, and really have nothing in China in the way of friends, career or love to keep me there.

Yes it has been a risky and stressful move, but to each their own. If Silverboy is happy there, I don't begrudge him that happiness. Just every man and his lot is different.

Cheers,
VS

Messages In This Thread
Re No future in ESL/TEFL -- Dragonized -- 2010-10-27
Re No future in ESL/TEFL -- Tonya Briggs -- 2010-10-28
Re No future in ESL/TEFL -- Visas Schmisas -- 2010-10-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re No future in ESL/TEFL

Go to another board -