TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer).
Ambientman - 2010-11-06

You know what Sanguine, it is more complicated than you make it out to be. I really liked the students, simple as that, that is why I resigned the contract, get it? Being from the country side, for the most part, they were more simple than students from larger cities, but seemed interested in learning from a foreigner none the less. Plus, I had a lot of friends through English corner and around the city, so leaving that behind was not as simple as you make it out to be. Plus, I liked my colleagues and befriended a number of them. So try to see both sides, man/mam. Plus their were rumors that the FL might be promoted to tutor, so I signed the contract thinking their could be a new FL and a new start for me and my relations with the UNI. I figured things would improve, like a lot of people in my situation might assume, and they did, somewhat. Though the FL stayed an extra semester and did not leave until my last semester, the next FL was much better, so I was actually kind of right. Though the uncaring nature of the leaders did not totally hit me until the very end. I hope you understand matters more.

Also, I resent being called a push over. NO. I am not. You do not even know me, I stand up for myself when my friends are whispering to me to shut up, that is how far I will go. I defended my gf against two guys and really hurt both of them after one of them had tried to strike her. Not a pushover. You do not know how many times I called for my things to be repaired, how many times I had to watch these "repairmen" fumble with what probably were simple things in reality, and how long I had to wait until they were free to come and attempt repair (again). My constant suggestions to get outside workers were ignored, as they continued to use the same idiots from within. And my many questions to the FL prove that I am not a push over. I couldn't care less if my questions pissed her off, I asked more. Anyway, these are also not little problems as you seem to point out, as many places around the world, even China, these problems would be resolved with more haste and efficiency. I think I was dealing with incompetence more than anything. What can you do besides make phone calls and make the occasional office visit?

Sanguine, I am not a quitter, I will not leave a situation, in life in general, unless it is real bad. The cancer thing was when it got real bad. Other than that, I am a man who sticks with things and I don't appreciate your tone. Maybe you don't really stick with things, but I believe it is a sign of commitment and character to stay with jobs as long as you can. NO I DO NOT MAKE OTHER FTs LOOK BAD - HOW DARE YOU!. Runners and similar people make FTs look bad. The FL made matters worse. But I am a guest to this country, so forgive me if I have certain assumptions that ended up not being met. Again, I DO NOT give FT a bad name and my students words, emails, evaluations, IM messages, etc. speak louder than I ever could. I actually taught them things in a fun way, and they loved it.

As for the FL liking me, please don't make me gag. I can admit she was pretty, but her personality was so rotten, I didn't even realize most of the time. Plus she had a husband and was trying to have a baby. Ugh, please god I hope you are not right about that! Although she was super jealous of my gf for staying over....ugh, don't want to think of it.

Messages In This Thread
China: Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Ambientman -- 2010-11-06
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Dragonized -- 2010-11-08
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Visas Schmisas -- 2010-11-09
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Ambientman -- 2010-11-12
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Visas Schmisas -- 2010-11-06
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Sanguine -- 2010-11-06
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Ambientman -- 2010-11-06
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Sanguine -- 2010-11-07
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- homie -- 2010-11-12
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Welshwales -- 2010-11-12
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Visas Schmisas -- 2010-11-07
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Ambientman -- 2010-11-07
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- crymeariver -- 2010-11-06
Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer). -- Former Shjg FT -- 2010-11-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Think twice before working at Hui Hua UNI in Shijiazhuang, China (and don't expect sympathy if you get sick (even if its cancer).

Go to another board -