TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning
Jokerman - 2010-11-08

I know Willow, SHE is a teacher at this college, in Gongquin Jiangxi and also the liaison for the foreign teachers there. She speaks and understands English very well and does a very good job with helping foreigners with all their needs, if there is a problem, she gets answers or tries her best to correct it.Gongquin is about one hour bus ride from Nanchang. Gongquin is a small village, with a population of 120, 000 people. There is very little to do there but teach and relax, as stated in her ad.
If you are a young teacher, still living life in the fast lane, don't go there, it will bore you to death but if you are an older teacher who enjoys a quieter lifestyle, then by all means apply for this position.
The starting salary is low but then the cost of living is also low there too, I would recommend that you negotiate a starting salary of no less than 4500. rmb per month, the apartments for teachers are quite nice and about a 10 minute walk to the school.
I know, I taught there for 4 months but had to leave due to a death in my family.

Messages In This Thread
Re re: jiujiang job warning -- Jokerman -- 2010-11-08
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning

Go to another board -