TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning
Visas Schmisas - 2010-11-10

Thanks for the feedback. I have thought of working in Changsha before, heard the nightlife is good there, and there are a lot of good looking girls with nice figures. Other people have told me it is very backward and people there are rude.

Your malcolm:) I'll try and answer as best I can.

Nightlife: Not at all bad. A french/american guy has a small pub, he and his chinese wife are friendly, easy to meet people, always the odd "uppity" laowai who is a student or not a teacher, but mostly a decent place if you fancy fellow foreigner company and an imported beer. A nightclub (soho?) with lots of hot girls, meat market, but if that's your thing and your single, definitely worth a look. English corner at the crowne plaza, good place to meet girls, free beer for foreigners. No good coffee shops alas, so if you want to find a starbucks for a frappucino or a bag of beans you are out of luck. I'd rate it 3/5. If it had better coffee shops, perhaps a few more bars like HZ, 5.

Good looking girls? Yes, mostly. It is said they have the southern cuteness with the figures of northern girls, but I didnt find them so tall. But there are a lot of good looking and kind girls there.

As for being backward and rude? Well I left Nanchang to go there, so found it a breath of fresh air so to speak. But yes I did encounter many primitive and rude/xenophobic people. But not all were like that, it all depends on who you meet. Parts of it can be very backward, avoid the white elephant that is Wang Cheng, it is not changsha and will take you over an hour by bus to get to Changsha city centre. Another saving grace is the food is great, esp. if you like spicy food and cold beer:)

Weather, I'd imagine the same as Wuhan. Seems only two seasons, long damp miserable winter, autumn and spring vanish in a blink, scorching summers.

Messages In This Thread
Re re: jiujiang job warning -- Visas Schmisas -- 2010-11-10
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re re: jiujiang job warning

Go to another board -