TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New York Times article: Zambia Balances Aid From China and Resentment
Sanguine - 2010-11-23

Let's have less China bashing on the board! What about Walmart and the like? There's plenty to gripe about re the west, chain retailers and multinationals, lying politicians, etc.

Eu'er what you call China bashing I and others call speaking the truth. I also don't see your point when you say since there are bad politicians in America we should not talk about Bad CHinese? That makes no sense at all. This is an ESL board, and in addition to China we also talk about Korea and other countries where ESL is big business. It is not in America, so we don't talk about America. No China bashing going on, as you call it, just people speaking the truth in the correct atmosphere, and speaking "on" topic. You talking about America and how corrupt it is, which is comparing apples to oranges by the way when comparing it to China, is quite off topic. I can tell you are pro China, I am in "some" ways, I have lived here for 10 years and have family here now. However I am not so "adapted" that I try to excuse or explain away things by using the old "it happens elsewhere" BS so lets not talk about it here. This is an ESL board, and I will most certainly talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly of China, and any other country that needs to clean up it's act in regards to "esl". Sorry if this offends your sensibilities, but this is an ESL board, so please try and stay on topic, and please do not tell us how we should or should not express or concerns when we are speaking on topic. Take care.

View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New York Times article: Zambia Balances Aid From China and Resentment

Go to another board -