TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New York Times article: Zambia Balances Aid From China and Resentment
Daniel Mellor - 2010-11-23

If you adapt to the culture here, you might actually like living and working in the PRC! Go with the flow and behave like a Chinese. Cast off your Western preconceptions and culture. That's how astute foreigners advance themselves here in spite of doing very little.

You come across as a bit of a grovelling weasel, if you don't mind me saying so. That said, I've met some foreigners here who behave like the Chinese in one respect that I dislike very much - they'll cheat their fellow FT's for the sake of money. For example, they'll introduce them to schools they know are duff to pocket introduction fees, or assist a cruel Chinese boss to pressurise them in order for said grovelling weasel to keep on very good terms with his greedy headmaster.
I hope you're not that kind of 'astute foreigner'. Cheating greedy Chinese employers whenever you can is fair, but doing so to your fellow FT's is lower than a snake's belly!
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re New York Times article: Zambia Balances Aid From China and Resentment

Go to another board -