TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What to do in my lessons??
babyberryman - 2010-12-02

Hi everyone,

I am relatively new to the teaching game, but I have a bit of a problem with the school that I'm working at.
Lessons there last 2 hours and because I am the foreign teacher and they have so many classes, I have a different schedule every week. Because of this, the teacher of the class is supposed to email me the 'topic' for the lesson I will be teaching a few days in advance.
When they actually do bother to email me the topics, this is an example of one of them:

Topic:Hello
Key words:
afternoon evening morning night

Key sentence:
Good morning
Good afternoon
Good evening
Good night

I'm not being funny, but 2 hours on this? I have literally run out of ideas and I am running out of patience. Sometimes they don't even bother to email me the topic and when I complain to my boss she tells me that the kids will 'love' me because I am 'so gorgeous'. I understand this probably seems not so bad, but not when I need to stand in front of a class for 2 hours with practically nothing prepared!
So...I suppose I am looking for advice on 2 fronts, how the hell do I fill a 2 hour lesson with 'good morning' etc and is this normal??

Thank you in advance!

Messages In This Thread
What to do in my lessons?? -- babyberryman -- 2010-12-02
Re What to do in my lessons?? -- Lyndsey Pratt -- 2010-12-16
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › What to do in my lessons??

Go to another board -