TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Road accidents
E-ESL - 2010-12-23
In response to Re Road accidents (The Lawyer)

So we just started exams and some funny things happened.

The students also have a Chinese english teacher who teachers them with textbooks. The 1st student was about to come into the room and the teacher said to me "His English is poor, he will fail" I could believe a teacher would be saying that. I told her that I would still administer the exam. She then told the student (in front of me) to say "I don't know", thinking it was some sort of free pass. Of course the student replied with "I don't know"

The best part about this is it happened in another class with another teacher. Almost line for line.

The Chinese English teachers here are awful. They can barely speak english. A week ago a teacher from Australia was visiting and was asked by a teacher "how much chinese can you speak" he replied with "oh, very little. How much english can you speak" "oh very little" "What do you teach?" "English"

True story. These children have actually been taught poor english skills because of this too. There sentence structure is a mess and actually have weird names for certain words.

Messages In This Thread
Re Road accidents -- The Lawyer -- 2010-12-21
Re Road accidents -- E-ESL -- 2010-12-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Road accidents

Go to another board -