TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China's problems
The Lawyer - 2010-12-28

Silverboy, you know your onions re: China, fair to say you are a veteran now:)

You wrote:

Chinese women have developed an appalling entitlement mentality, and are even snubbing poorer foreigners now. If you are are a poor Chinese guy, no chance, you better become gay!

I'd say your right on this entitlement mentality, esp. when it means they don't have to do any work, and can spend all day in the hair salon, shopping for shoes, chatting with friends on their designer brand swarovski encrusted mobile phone,flaunting their LV bag, and generally looking down on others. This is a major problem in Chinese society, what happens when you got a lot of frustrated, unemployed men...?!?!

I also agree about the ignorance towards other countries. White seems to equal American in China. When I taught I was British and about the history of the commonwealth and commonwealth of realms, most didn't seem to know the commonwealth existed, let alone that the Queen had limited power over Australia, Canada and New Zealand...bad education system or blind indifference?

As usual, it boils down to what you say in your parting line, nothing will change until creativity is fostered in the education system, and more individualism, and less collectivism, or I better keep my mouth shut to save 'mianzi' for myself and the group.

Happy new years,
TL

Messages In This Thread
Re China's problems -- The Lawyer -- 2010-12-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re China's problems

Go to another board -