TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University)
bill - 2011-01-06

EF is the worst school in China. You don't need to take this website's, or the people on it's, word for it. Look around Shanghai, apply for jobs via echinacities.com or whatever other website you use for job listings, and compare contracts. However, if the school is blacklisted, has consistently horrible reviews, that says something, and with EF there is much to be said. Do yourself a favor and don't pick this school, once your in, they won't let you out without a battle. I know it is very hard for them to get teachers, because everyone is too scared to work for them, which means when you want to leave, they will probably say 'stay or we'll kick you out of China'. I know many people that have had to leave China because of EF. I am now happily employed in China, at a great school, but I have done my time at EF, and it was the worst 6 months of my life. Believe me. You will have a class in the morning, and a class at night. You will work very long hours on the weekends. You will have no time to go out, no time to travel. While you're working 50 hour weeks, teachers not at EF get paid months off, with a bonus. At EF, you're a slave. It's that bad.

Messages In This Thread
English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- aleight -- 2011-01-03
Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- Toad in a hole! -- 2011-01-07
Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- aleight -- 2011-01-07
Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- bill -- 2011-01-06
Re: Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- Jurgen -- 2012-01-07
Re: Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University) -- Jurgen -- 2012-01-11
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English First Shanghai (Shanghai Normal University)

Go to another board -