TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Haerbin International Ice Festival
Bullring - 2011-02-06
In response to Re Haerbin International Ice Festival (Dragonized)

This is something that I mulled over a lot during my final year in China, and ultimately,led to my decision to leave it all behind and begin life anew. I grew tired of amoral people telling me that my salary should be X amount as per the contract and all the ways they can cut it down, meanwhile the school leaders are driving shiny new Audis around and thousands of RMB for fancy dinners for next to no reason at all. Tired of being told it's wrong for a foreign teacher to have Chinese women in his apartment,because this is China (yes that old gambit!), yet all the chinese girls working in the office are wearing miniskirts that leave nothing to the imagination, the kind of clothing that would make a muslim cleric blush, and knocking shops all outside educational institutes. Just tired of the double standards, we are meant to respect their confucian system, but they don't respect ours!

The points you mentioned are perfectly valid, but will things ever change for the better?

Messages In This Thread
Re Haerbin International Ice Festival -- asd -- 2011-02-05
Re Haerbin International Ice Festival -- Bullring -- 2011-02-05
Re Haerbin International Ice Festival -- Dragonized -- 2011-02-06
Re Haerbin International Ice Festival -- Bullring -- 2011-02-06
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Haerbin International Ice Festival

Go to another board -