TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Native English Speaker - ESL discussion
einar maartman - 2005-04-23
In response to Job offer - ESL discussion (James Bonilla)

Hola!

My name is Einar Maartman. I am planning to be moving to Cali very soon, within two months time from now.

I hold a Bachelor of Social Work degree from the University of Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
I have worked in the social work field in child protection for the BC Government for 8 years and now 15 months with the Children's Aid Society of Toronto, where I remain employed.

I am about to commence an ESL program for one month at the University of Toronto and then I will be moving to Cali. I have very close friends there and have visited many times. Now that I have decided I want to reside there for a long time I am hoping my qualifications may be adequate to permit me to teach ESL and also to obtain the Colombian Work Visa. Would a certificate from the Unitiverty of Toronto and my degree from University of Victoria be adequate to meet the reqjuirements of a Colombian Work Visa? It is my understanding that they look for a teaching degree and I am hoping so much I can obtain the visa with my BSW and certificate in ESL.

I would appreciate so much to hear back from you with your thoughts on my chances to work and earn a living in Cali.

Thanks,

Einar Maartman

Messages In This Thread
Looking 4 work in Colombia -- DD -- 2004-12-19
Colombian guerrillas have kidnapped up to 40 tourists -- Reporting -- 2004-12-26
As I was saying . . . -- laodeng -- 2004-12-26
Think carefully . . . -- laodeng -- 2004-12-19
Colombia is not so dangerous -- DD -- 2004-12-22
Uhhhh . . . -- laodeng -- 2004-12-23
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Native English Speaker - ESL discussion

Go to another board -