TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Web International English
Zebra3 - 2011-02-22
In response to Web International English (StuckInChina)

Jiangsu people aren't so bad. Certainly better than many others I meet from different provinces (although I haven't really traveled too extensively, if I'm totally honest.)
To contribute to this thread, Jiangsu Webs are falling apart. They all seem to be on a steady downward spiral that, even with the opening additional branches in a misguided believe this will revive fortunes, will not stop this company from losing a steady stream of big name corporate clients and students. To be fair, I can't speak for the entire Web organization, but certainly within Jiangsu, it certainly seems to be profit before reputation and quality.
A few students, out of the hundreds we have currently demanding their money back at the branch I work for, were actually told by one of the senior managers [quote:] "You don't need a professional teacher. Why should a foreign teacher need qualifications or experience?" But, that's Web. We've got your money and no amount of complaining to Shanghai HQ is going to change anything.

Messages In This Thread
Web International English -- StuckInChina -- 2010-12-27
Re Web International English -- Zebra3 -- 2011-02-22
Re Web International English -- Oldtimer -- 2010-12-27
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Web International English

Go to another board -