TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion
Gibson Matthew - 2005-04-25

DO NOT JOIN ANY EF SCHOOL IN CHINA!
First I was presented and I signed an non-standard non-EF Contract (didn't know for it was my first job with them). Later the EF Fuzhou school asked me to open their "clone" of thier existing EF Fuzhou and I had to work at both schools after the opening. Too bad that I got paid less than my Contract, because the CM Daniel said that they did not have enough money.
Then I joined EF Huizhou(as a DOS) hoping for better.
After joing them, four months later the same "clone" story and I was asked to clone and open their non-EF center in Huyian near (20 miles) Huizhou. Knowing that if I did not do it I would have to leave, I did what I was asked (you can judge me now).
After that we (and I) experienced great "conflicts of interest" as well as employers attempts of dishonesty, not speaking of the teachers that moved up and down.
When a teacher presented me with a Letter of Resignation and asked to be reliefed of her job duties instantly, the employer Lucy Li asked me to demand 40,000 RMB from the teacher for breaking her Contract (My position? Ohh god!).
Then my flight reimbursment was a bit late and unexplained what was wrong "So I inquired" and got verbally DISMISSED by the "big boy" husband of Lucy Li my boss (Manager-Investor). (I stayed)
But then and finally I got dismissed OFFICIALLY, even though without any WARNING or evaluation or discussion (hell I am China). I guess I knew too much and was inconvenient to the EF franchisee EF Huizhou.
The franchisers did not get involved and did not have any interest in getting involved in their employees Wrongful Dismissal, since they do what their franchisees tell them in China. Even my story of having to cheat the franchisers with my false Director of Studies Monthly Reports did not raise much attention in the Head Office. (My employer required me to file lower sales reports due to the ROYALTY FEES .... Ha ha ha).
The people who run the EF English First in China are ONLY Chinese and they are interested in MONEY only. Standards Non-standards it does not matter to them, so DO NOT JOIN ANY EF ENGLISH FIRST IN CHINA.

[Edited by Administrator (admin) Sat, 14 May 2011, 02:57 AM]

Messages In This Thread
China: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Gibson Matthew -- 2005-04-25
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Pjoy -- 2008-11-28
EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- Chris -- 2006-07-11
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- Too scared to say -- 2008-06-12
Re: EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- anonymous -- 2008-06-13
Not all! - ESL discussion -- Jon -- 2005-04-26
Re: Not all! - ESL discussion -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-23
To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-04-26
Re: To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- mic -- 2005-04-27
Re: The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) -- 2008-06-26
Matthew Gibson's response to all-Thank you - ESL discussion -- Matthew Gibson -- 2005-06-05
Bottom talking. - ESL discussion -- Rain -- 2005-04-27
EF Fuzhou -- Mark Charters -- 2008-08-20
To Rain: Re: EF - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › China: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion

Go to another board -