TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion
JinChaFa - 2005-04-26

Thanks for the info Gibson. I have had doubts about EF English First since I first contacted them in the States a few years back. They expect a lot of hours from their teachers for a salary that is less than adequate for the work. Their promises of rising up the corporate ladder seems to be the biggest lure for the unsuspecting. The fact that the managers in China are Chinese adds a new dimension to an already iffy situation. If you've seen some of my other postings here, you know that I'm not much of a proponent of the corporate profit takers and their underhanded activities. Anyway, it's great that you're giving the warning. There are still a lot of newly certified teachers that would benefit greatly from such information if we could just get them to read the postings. Therein lies the problem. Lately, I've been thinking that it would be a good idea to get such information into the hands of the administrators of TESOL schools in the States. What do you think?

Messages In This Thread
China: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Gibson Matthew -- 2005-04-25
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Pjoy -- 2008-11-28
EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- Chris -- 2006-07-11
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- Too scared to say -- 2008-06-12
Re: EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- anonymous -- 2008-06-13
Not all! - ESL discussion -- Jon -- 2005-04-26
Re: Not all! - ESL discussion -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-23
To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-04-26
Re: To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- mic -- 2005-04-27
Re: The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) -- 2008-06-26
Matthew Gibson's response to all-Thank you - ESL discussion -- Matthew Gibson -- 2005-06-05
Bottom talking. - ESL discussion -- Rain -- 2005-04-27
EF Fuzhou -- Mark Charters -- 2008-08-20
To Rain: Re: EF - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion

Go to another board -