TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Medical testings for Korean Position
Rowan Wells - 2011-03-01
In response to Medical testings for Korean Position (Jessica)

Hello Jessica,

If my memory serves me, officially the government doesn't require a THC test as part of the required drug test upon arrival.

According to the Korean Immigration Bureau website, instructors entering on an E2 visa to work in a university or private institute, or those invited by the Ministry of Education, must undergo and submit an "original medical checkup including drug test(TBPE test) and AIDS test(HIV test) issued within 3 months from the application date. Medical checkup should be issued by general hospital, hospital, clinic under Article 3 of the Medical Law or public health center under Article 7 of the Regional Health Law or medical center under Article 8."

The TBPE test is designed to detect opiates or other narcotic-type drugs.

That being said, some hospitals/clinics may do the test anyway as part of their regular drug test procedure. If a positive THC test result were to be passed on to your employer, you may not be employed much longer. It is definitely recommended not to use any illegal substances in the months leading up to your departure for Korea (or ever, for that matter).

I hope that answers your question.

Rowan Wells
Oxford Seminars

Messages In This Thread
Medical testings for Korean Position -- Jessica -- 2011-02-18
Re Medical testings for Korean Position -- Rowan Wells -- 2011-03-01
Re Medical testings for Korean Position -- Unhappy Camper -- 2011-03-02
Re Medical testings for Korean Position -- Tom -- 2011-02-18
Re Medical testings for Korean Position -- bullring -- 2011-02-18
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Medical testings for Korean Position

Go to another board -