TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › RECRUITER FRAUD
CRAP SCHOOL SPOTTER - 2011-04-01

This person is a clear FRAUD 100%

I saw this email in my box a little while ago on one of my decoy [edited] school spotting email accounts. This person using this email address was claiming to be a recruiter about 4-5 weeks ago wanting my resume, passport, etc. Of course I fed them the usual crap sandwich to see what they would do with that. Today, a few hours ago, this email came in.

Monica Mengran <mamengran@gmail.com>
To: <mamengran@gmail.com>

Hello, I know this might be a surprise to you but am sorry to reach out to you in this manner. I apologize for not informing you about my travel to Scotland for a Project.

Everything is going fine but there's a small problem, I misplaced my wallet on my way back to the hotel and right now all my credit cards and money are gone. Am sending you this message to inform you that am stranded at the moment and need your help financially. Am not sure if you have that much but will you be able to help me with a loan of 2000 British Pounds which is about 3600 U.S Dollars to pay the hotel bills and get back home.

Am sorry for the inconvenience this message might cause you but please understand that am in a very bad situation right now and really need you to help me out, I will be able to refund the money upon my arrival but I will need your account details to do that. Please let me know if I should send you my details to send the money through Western Union transfer.

Thanks so much for your help,

--

Mengran(Monica) Ma (Ms)
Foreign Teachers Program
International Office

301-6 Math Building

Main Campus
Shandong University

27 Shanda Nanlu, Jinan Shandong 250100
Email: mamengran@gmail.com

Keep on your toes people. Do not send your resume with credentials and ID to anyone on the net. If they want a resume check them out first and then send only limited information and do not send them your passport or degree.

In this case, this person(s), male or female is a FRAUD!

Messages In This Thread
RECRUITER FRAUD -- CRAP SCHOOL SPOTTER -- 2011-04-01
Possibility: The recruiter's email account was hijacked -- The Owl -- 2011-04-01
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › RECRUITER FRAUD

Go to another board -