TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › To Rain: Re: EF - ESL discussion
jinchafa - 2005-04-28
In response to Bottom talking. - ESL discussion (Rain)

Hmmmmmmmm. I can't really tell if you are defending EF or not. Also - and please don't consider this a personal attack - your apparent lack of command of the English language suggests to me that you are not an ESL teacher. However, if you are, please work on your sentence structure, spelling and punctuation before it rubs off on your unsuspecting students.

Now, in regards to teaching one system or the other. Qualified teachers should be given the flexibility to teach as they know how to teach. Further, they should have the option of empowering their students to recognize that English, as an international language, comes in all flavors. Personally, I wouldn't care to identify one as superior to another. I mean let's go with a neopolitan approach. (Actually, I like chocolate the best, but I'll still eat the strawberry and vanilla.)And, just so you'll know, I'm an American teacher teaching for a Singapore based school that uses a British text. However, I deviate from the text as often as I want, and I have the option of developing my own lesson plans and changing the curriculum anytime I feel like it. It's all about adapting to the needs of your students.

About their pay scale: Yep, pay is similar to other schools, but few schools expect you to put in the amount of hours that EF expects. That's why they love naive teachers fresh out of school.

Finally, you're right about other private schools putting financial gain as a priority over the advancement of their students. However, that doesn't justify it. EF should wake up and smell the coffee.
Or not. I don't really care, to tell the truth. But I do care about my fellow teachers.

Messages In This Thread
China: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Gibson Matthew -- 2005-04-25
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
Re: Warning: EF English First in China - ESL discussion -- Pjoy -- 2008-11-28
EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- Chris -- 2006-07-11
(Message Deleted by Poster) -- Too scared to say -- 2008-06-12
Re: EF China, Shenzhen - Teachers Discussion -- anonymous -- 2008-06-13
Not all! - ESL discussion -- Jon -- 2005-04-26
Re: Not all! - ESL discussion -- englishgibson -- 2009-11-23
To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- JinChaFa -- 2005-04-26
Re: To Gibson Re: EF English First - ESL discussion -- Quillter -- 2008-09-08
The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- mic -- 2005-04-27
Re: The EF corruption - ESL discussion -- Crazy Girl ( to work in China for English First!!) -- 2008-06-26
Matthew Gibson's response to all-Thank you - ESL discussion -- Matthew Gibson -- 2005-06-05
Bottom talking. - ESL discussion -- Rain -- 2005-04-27
EF Fuzhou -- Mark Charters -- 2008-08-20
To Rain: Re: EF - ESL discussion -- jinchafa -- 2005-04-28
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › To Rain: Re: EF - ESL discussion

Go to another board -