TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Received Pronunciation - Linyi University
Proper Native Speaker - 2011-04-07

Linyi University's assesssment of my pronunciation as being unclear and unsuitable for their students is laughable in my view. As a native speaker of English who's taught in China since '94 in secondary and further education, I'm totally unimpressed with their verdict as per the above. Furthermore, their contract contains a clause that you can be dismissed after eight weeks of teaching. That is an unfavorable inclusion - any FT fired at such a late stage of a semester would find it very difficult to obtain a decent post then. I've posted about the way they operate to forewarn prospective job applicants who might consider accepting a position there. This is China, where things can sometimes go horribly wrong for foreign teachers. In my view it's better to be wary than to be too trusting. For more information, please try the following link to see what Linyi University, formerly Linyi Normal University, is capable of doing to its foreign teachers.

http://www.kozok.eu/en/chinypraca.php

Messages In This Thread
Received Pronunciation - Linyi University -- Proper Native Speaker -- 2011-04-06
Received Pronunciation - Linyi University -- Tom -- 2011-04-07
Received Pronunciation - Linyi University -- Proper Native Speaker -- 2011-04-07
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Received Pronunciation - Linyi University

Go to another board -