TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Racism "Normal" in Asia?
English Online - 2011-04-15
In response to Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? (Dragonized)

Dude, forget the classical novel. Being an American Born Chinese myself, I have first hand experience living in both countries. Like America, China too confront racism and prejudice, no doubt about it as I spent two years teaching English as a foreign teacher there but it's sure whole lot better than police stop and search for unfairly targeting ethnic minorities and civil rights violations here in the states. Oh and Americans don't leave their country not because they're living a luxurious lifestyle but because most of them are just bunch of ignorant rednecks who are uninformed, ideaological and can't realize how much the outside world has changed. I find the US ignorance about the world outside their country astonishing. Even when American job outsourcing is killing America and those who are still employed are facing deteriorating work conditions, declining benefits and shrinking incomes. According to a recent University of California study, tens of millions of white-collar jobs are vulnerable to being outsourced offshore over the next decade. These are not only call-center operators, customer service and back-office jobs, but also information technology, accounting, architecture, advanced engineering design, news reporting, stock analysis, and medical and legal services. Note that these are the jobs of the American Dream, the jobs of upward mobility that generate the bulk of the tax revenues that fund our education, health, infrastructure, and social security systems. Oversea Chinese are returning to China in large numbers on a daily basis and those are planning to leave China have absolutely no idea the kind of hardship awaiting for them ahead.

Messages In This Thread
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- Dragonized -- 2011-04-14
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- Han -- 2011-04-14
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- English Online -- 2011-04-15
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- Dragonized -- 2011-04-15
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- English Online -- 2011-04-17
Re Racism "Normal" in Asia? -- Dragonized -- 2011-04-17
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Racism "Normal" in Asia?

Go to another board -