TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?
Bavarian Bier - 2011-04-18

Silverboy is very wise, you should listen to him.

I have a friend, he's 68, a yank, he works in a gigantic university. He's always trying out new things and never moves from the campus(during term). His young studentesses are very kind to him and he helps them with their English in his free time. He even talks to his students on QQ and has a very direct approach " Come round and try my tasty pies and don't bring a friend" He likes to cook and bake and it wouldn't be unusual to visit him and find a sultry Miss, hands covered in flour getting cookery lessons. He does spend his long fully- paid holidays in Thailand where he lies under the tropical palms drinking cold lager(a flaw in his education) watching one of his students playing in the surf. I'd be scared to lose all that for hard-faced Germans who get all sensitive if you mention the war.

I am not doubting Silverboy, we actually worked at the same place once...and emerged, hopefully ahead...the guy we worked for is now out of business, and I would never rail against an FT, esp. one from a commonwealth country, in China, as we should all band together and not be GW's, but that is just me...

Nowt wrong with your seppo friend, I liked working at most public unis in China, just a shame the salary is so pitiful, and yes Chinese teachers do earn more when you dice it all up. Agree the young studentesses are kind, but I valued my privacy, and didn't like having it invaded by offers to steam chicken feet in bamboo in my kitchen, or eat pork dumplings when I am a vegetarian...fussy yes I know, but different strokes for different blokes surely?:=)

As for his holidays in Thailand, it takes money? Beyond the realm of a salary of a university teacher, although who knows, maybe he is a phd holder and is earning 30-40,000 rmb a month as a teacher of some arcane subject? And nowt wrong with cold lager, at least by me, as long as it abides by the reinheitsgebot (no additives!)

And, btw, I am not in Germany anymore but those 50 euros an hour classes surely helped me out and I do miss the beer...anything that is worth doing, is worth doing to get paid and enjoy yourself right...otherwise, why bother...

Anyone enough typing, two more days and weekend here.

Adios amigo,
Alejandro

Messages In This Thread
Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-14
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian biers -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Silver Star -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- K R -- 2011-04-15
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian bier -- 2011-04-16
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-17
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Bavarian Bier -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Apollyon -- 2011-04-18
Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard? -- Owenz here -- 2011-04-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re Ex Japan, can't or won't cut the mustard?

Go to another board -