TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English Corner
Reinheitsgebot ist frei - 2011-04-19

A teacher who is "boring" and will not "engage" properly with students in China is often considered to be a "bad teacher". I know one teacher in Wuhan who was fired for "not smiling enough". Really , how can anyone take education in China seriously!

To be fair, Silverboy, I don't think it is fair to level this only at the Chinese. In the country/region I presently work, "Classroom management" is considered to be the number 1 skill a teacher must have...but I have yet to meet one person who can explain to me PRECISELY what it is, lol?!

I do feel a teacher should be engaging with his/her students though, if you can't hold students attention, make them interested, how can you expect to maintain control and make them learn something. I do agree with you that the Chinese interpretation of boring is a teacher who "doesn't play enough games" which is a crock, and I rightly tell them so...Noone takes education seriously in China, because mostly it is all a joke, teachers/staff sleeping all afternoon, looking busy on QQ...et al

Messages In This Thread
Re English Corner -- Reinheitsgebot ist frei -- 2011-04-19
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › Re English Corner

Go to another board -