TEACHERS DISCUSSION FORUM
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › recording for esl? - ESL discussion
Brian - 2005-04-29

hello everyone,

i'm new to this site. :D 8)

i was hoping that some of you might be able to make some suggestions (or reality check) about what i'm thinking about. i have a home recording studio (small scale) that i use as a hobby for creating music.

anyway, i've recently made some recordings of my voice (with my audio editing software) for an esl student of mine, and sent her mp3's of the drills/lessons for her to practice (we're both in the u.s.).

in an interview the other day for an esl instructor position, i mentioned the above things i enjoyed doing. they had me talk with their tech person who is doing projects using distance learning over the internet and other kinds of projects. the guy said that i might be able to record some lessons for a current project.

so, i thought: hey! i would like to do this with other companies/websites/individuals who might not have a lot of audio cds (maybe they didn't want to buy those materials) or need other audio services i can't think of(english speaking).

of course, i'm not a voice over professional who does professional level voice over for educational cd-roms or anything else.

so, i wanted to ask you all based on my interests above, can you all brainstorm ways that i might be able to be of service with my recording software?

I would also ask you to think of any phrases that might describe my skills that i could use in selling myself to esl/ educational businesses?

remember i'm not at a professional level, but i want to develop my skills at this, and be able to figure out ways to sell myself to companies, or individuals, and make a little money at it as well. i realize this might be tricky with copyright violation if the companies/people haven't created their learning materials. i'm not sure about that and need advice about that as well.

future thanks >\-|

brian

Messages In This Thread
recording for esl? - ESL discussion -- Brian -- 2005-04-29
recording work - ESL discussion -- JO 753 -- 2005-05-01
Fantastic idea there, Brian! - ESL discussion -- Malinee -- 2005-04-30
esl recording - ESL discussion -- Brian -- 2005-04-30
View Thread · Previous · Next Return to Index › recording for esl? - ESL discussion

Go to another board -